"The Black Bear" Squat-proof Tights - pre-order by November 30th
Our second production is SOLD-OUT, please see pre-order deadline and ship dates below!
THESE ARE MADE FOR:
- Squat proof
- 2 pockets for holding keys & cards
- Deflecting dirt and dog hair
THESE ARE MADE FROM:
- Post-consumer recycled plastic bottles
- Recycled Polyester/Spandex
- Silky smooth
THESE WILL HELP:
- Plant a tree.
- Send a teenage girl to camp.
- Ensure a garment worker earns a fair wage.
THE DESIGNER'S PRINT INSPIRATION:
This is where I love seeing Grizzly and Black Bears. In the wilderness - from a safe distance - left alone to roam and forage without feeling human presence. Technically this is a Grizzly, but type of bear aside, this print is meant as reminder to be bear aware. We have both Grizzly and Black Bears in our area and I've been seeing too many bear butts stuck in garbage bins and waddling their way down the middle of streets. Last week a Grizzly was spotted two streets away. A Grizzly! Please be mindful of the bears, keep a safe distance and keep your bins locked. Tell our governments you want more of Canada’s wild spaces protected." - keepcanadawild.ca <--- Visit the Keep Canada Wild website to sign the pledge. Bewildher will be donating $1 from every purchase of this print to the Nature Conservancy of Canada.
PRE-ORDER DEADLINE: November 30th
IN-STOCK & SHIP ETA: between January 1st - 15th
A ton of love and care is put into every detail, from what you get to what you give back with each purchase. Read on for a full description of all the feel-good features.
WHAT YOU GET
- No-slip fit: We designed a grippy elastic for the inside waistband that prevents them from slipping while running, bending or jumping.
- Squat proof: Squat, bend and dance, we won't see your underpants.
- Two pockets: Conveniently placed at the side-waist, for keys and cards - smaller phones will fit, too.
- Flattering fit: The 2-way stretch material smooth bumps and supports bouncing muscles - and we're told it's butt-lifting, too!
- Anti-camel toe: Our unique crotch fit doesn't crowd your lady bits - a.k.a. no camel toe.
- H20 friendly: Our tights won't get heavy when wet and they dry really fast, so you can wear them for running, hot yoga, SUP, under your ski pants and more...
WHAT YOU GIVE
- Reduce waste: There are approximately 20 recycled plastic bottles in every pair, certified by the Global Recycling Standard.
- Fair wages: The seamstresses who sew our products earn a fair wage.
- Plant a Tree: We plant a tree in British Columbia for every order, in partnership with One Tree Planted. A fully mature tree will sequester approximately 48lbs of CO2 per year!
- 1% For the Planet: As a member of 1% For The Planet, we're committed to donating 1% of our total annual revenue (not just profit) to environmental initiatives.
- $1 For A Teenage Girl: We donate $1 from every purchase to help a teenage girl attend Girl In The Wild wilderness and leadership camps.
- Eco-conscious: These tights are coated with an all-natural anti-bacterial fabric treatment made from seashells recycled from the restaurant industry and certified by the EPA.
- Eco-friendly printing process: Our graphics are transferred onto the material using recycled paper via a process that does not waste dye nor require the use of any harsh chemicals.
- Recycled content: All hang-tags, packing slips and tissue paper are 100% recycled and recyclable. Our boxes are 60% recycled and are recyclable.
ABOUT THE FIT
- HIGH-WAISTED: These high-waisted leggings fit to the smallest part of the waist for a smooth and flattering fit under a t-shirt or with a sports bra.
- ANTI-CAMEL TOE: The crotch area is designed to sit away from your lady bits, which helps to prevent camel toe - if you're a new mom you will love how these take the pressure off a sensitive area!
- NO - SLIP FIT: As a 2-way stretch legging with an inner grippy elastic, these should be put on like a pair of nylons - scrunch them down and slide them up, don't just pull from the top. You want to feel the stretch going around the leg, but not pulling down from the bottom. When put-on correctly, the grippy elastic works wonders to keep them from slipping when running, bending and jumping. Please note that in cold weather they may slip slightly so the trick is to warm-up, reset and they'll stay-up!
ABOUT THE FABRIC
We've combined two fabrics for a more comfortable fit:
The are made from...
- Our ECO NO-SHOW material.
- 200gsm medium-weight 87% recycled polyester / 13% spandex.
- Silky-smooth and has a matte-glossy look, like a pearl.
- Long-lasting and looks new wash after wash.
- An all-natural anti-bacterial treatment made from seashells.
- The trifecta of technical must-haves; anti-odor, wicking and quick-dry.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine wash cold gentle cycle, tumble dry low or hang to dry. ***Important*** Please cold water soak before first wear to set the ink. Sweating in the leggings prior to soaking them in cold water could cause the ink to shift. Once the ink is set this will not occur.
PRODUCT LIMITATIONS: The print is a surface treatment, so it is best to avoid rubbing against abrasive surfaces that could wear off the ink and damage the material - please avoid sliding down rock faces, continuous contact with velcro and crawling on knees.
DESIGNED AND MADE IN CANADA
All of Bewildher's activewear is designed by the founder in her hometown of Squamish, BC, Canada. It is then locally printed and sewn in Vancouver at a female-owned garment factory where all employees earn a fair wage.
The founder of Bewildher is a highly-active female, and mother of a two-year-old. She designs from personal experience, solving common problems women have with their activewear. She then personally tests every design to make sure it's practical and functional for the fitness activities it's described for. She is an avid runner, into both trail and road running, who practices yoga for injury prevention. She also enjoys outdoor and gym workouts for strength building to better enjoy her many sports of interest, which include mountain biking, snowboarding, snowmobiling, kiteboarding, and surfing.
SHIPPING + RETURNS
- Pre-order items ship in 3 - 7 weeks. Check the product title and description to see if it says "pre-order", and the product description for deadline and ship dates.
- Stock items ship in 1 - 3 business days.
- All shipping rates include tracking and insurance.
- Learn more on our shipping page.
- We stand behind our quality with a money-back guarantee.
- Get free shipping on Canadian orders over $150 CAD.
- Squamish locals can save on shipping by selecting local pick-up.
Please visit our CUSTOMER REVIEWS page.