Hello! Bewildher is growing quickly and we need to hire a...
BUSINESS ASSISTANT MANAGER
The Business Assistant Manager will be responsible for supporting the owner of Bewildher in various functions including performing administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficient and smooth business operations and providing high-quality service to customers and business partners. They will handle inventory and order processing procedures, data entry, and coordinating with suppliers. They will answer calls, welcome visitors and verify appointments. They will also schedule meetings, assist in budget keeping and human resources tasks, and support the owner on corporate decisions making.
Organization and Structure
The Business Assistant Manager reports directly to the owner / operator, Nadine Manson. Depending on the project, the Business Assistant Manager may delegate tasks to relevant contractors.
Nature and Scope
The Business Assistant Manager is goal and solutions oriented, organized, self-starter who thrives working both self-directed and as part of a team. The Business Assistant Manager has a proven ability to manage customer and client facing communications across various channels while adhering to time and resource limitations, as can be reasonably expected with a small business.
Receive Incoming Production Shipments:
Respond to customer and supplier inquiries across multiple channels (Shopify, gmail, FB, IG, Tiktok, and LinkedIn)
- Follow brand procedures for responding and communication record keeping across all channels.
- Maintain messaging and templates across all channels while using feedback to recommend improvements to the owner.
- Keep and update a communication plan and adhere to a budget for communication hours.
- Submit a report of any conflicts, issues or follow-ups required to the owner.
Order Processing and Fulfillment:
- Cross-check product deliveries with purchase orders
- Inspect and process production for quality control discrepancies
Data entry of new inventory across multiple channels (Shopify and Google Sheets)
- Process orders using Shopify and third-party shipping software; confirm order details, create shipping labels and packing slips, and ensure orders are picked, packed and shipped accurately.
- Pack orders in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining signature packaging aesthetic.
- Maintain organisation of items on hold.
- Prepare local pick up orders and notifications, and follow procedure to schedule and confirm collection.
Establish and Maintain Ambassador and Community Relationships To Support Brand Growth:
- Maintain physical and online inventory via regular stock take.
- Keep inventory of packing supplies and arrange re-orders when needed.
- Oversee the processing of imperfect items for sample sales.
Assist With Minor Website Maintenance:
- Onboard new ambassadors via influencer strategy
- Ensure current sponsors/influencers are contacted on a regular basis
- Oversee the negotiation of collaborations and opportunities for engagement/relationship building.
- Fulfill contractual obligations relating to sponsored giveaways or contests
- Ensure that all ambassador are duly thanked for their efforts
- Share ambassador posts, feel good stories and other beneficial articles on our website and social media platforms.
Provide General Office Support As Required
- Review Bewildher website regularly for customer-facing issues and recommend corrections to the owner.
- Research new systems and software integrations to improve website efficiency.
- As delegated by the owner / operator.
- Work within a team environment and assist others as needed.
- Assist the owner in ensuring the company is compliant with employment laws.
The successful applicant must be available to work at Bewildher's office on Industrial Way, Squamish, British Columbia.
Hybrid work model: Upon completion of in-house training, some tasks can be completed from home while others will require in-office completion.
Flexible 9-12 hours per week.
For the right candidate the role could be combined with our Sales and Marketing Specialist vacancy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work in French or other languages is considered an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s license required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Establishing and maintaining record keeping and filing systems
- Ability to exercise judgment to find and communicate solutions to problems where the answer is not apparent.
- Accurately manage changing priorities, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated, flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously with compressed deadlines.
- Some lifting involved; carrying packages and storage bins up and down stairs.
Experience: or, an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience with Shopify or other eCommerce Platform
- Order Fulfillment; processing, picking, packing, labeling and shipping orders
- General use and navigation of social media platforms including direct messaging.
- Proficient in Google suite
- Experience in fashion and clothing retail an asset
- Knowledge of human resource procedures an asset
- Conscious; aware of and responding to environmental and ethical issues.
- Intuitive; listens to, communicates and acts on gut feelings.
- Connected; collaborates, rather than competes, with organizations and people who share our goals and vision.
- Empowered; helps self and others grow stronger and better able to stand up for and claim human rights.
- Goodness; Kindness and generosity. Serves the greater good of humanity. Sense of satisfaction when able to help others.
- Wild; unrestrained in the pursuit of what makes you feel joy.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title in the subject line.
No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Compensation: $22 - $26 hourly, dependent on experience.
Other Perks: Casual dress, paid sick days, on-site parking, product discounts and family friendly schedule. Be a part of a talented, driven, and fun team that is working hard to make a difference within the slow-fashion and activewear community.
Position posted on: February 10, 2023 Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Start date: March 2023
Bewildher Fitwear is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.
Thank you for applying!