Hello! Bewildher is growing quickly and we need to hire a...
SALES AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
The Sales and Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the owner of Bewildher in various sales and marketing functions to ensure all sales, marketing, and advertising initiatives are executed in a timely and effective manner to improve company sales and brand awareness. The Sales and Marketing Specialist will participate in marketing strategy sessions and establish clear sales objectives and monitor marketing metrics; analyzing marketing campaigns and making recommendations for enhancing effectiveness. They will lead the direction, oversight, development and execution of sales prospecting. Additional opportunities to participate in trade shows and promotional events are available.
Organization and Structure
The Sales and Marketing Specialist reports directly to the owner / operator, Nadine Manson. Depending on the project, the Sales and Marketing Specialist may delegate tasks to relevant contractors.
Nature and Scope
The Sales and Marketing Specialist is goal and solutions oriented, creative, self-starter who is capable of working independently. The Sales and Marketing Specialist has a proven ability to anticipate consumer behavior, see solutions that others cannot and craft the messaging and visual materials necessary to communicate the solution in a manner that’s both coherent and compelling.
Participate in Sales and Marketing Strategy Sessions
- Regularly scheduled strategy sessions to review KPI’s and set targets.
- Collect and report on customer data, consumer behavior and competitors.
- Support the owner in marketing decisions
- Prospect and sell direct to consumers via social media platforms using tracking software to establish and maintain relationships, track leads, schedule follow-ups, and measure ROI.
- Prospect and sell to activewear retailers via email, using social media and tracking software to establish and maintain relationships, track leads, schedule follow-ups, and measure ROI.
- Prepare and distribute bi-weekly newsletters using Klaviyo
- Maintain and update branded templates for various marketing emails including product drops, promotions, industry insights and brand news.
- Continually research email marketing best practices and tips to ensure subscriber engagement and satisfaction.
- Compile information, draft written content, edit images and create graphics as needed for marketing emails.
- Track insights and report on key metrics during strategy sessions.
- Maintain and build customer databases and promote newsletter sign up via communication channels.
- Assist the owner in strategy and creation of marketing campaigns for Bewildher’s various ambassador programs.
- Collect feedback from the Ambassador Program Manager to report on during sales and marketing strategy sessions to identify and execute areas for improvement and growth.
- Assist the owner in the development and trial of a direct-to-consumer sales-rep program.
Social media support and maintenance
Ad hoc design generation of promotional and educational content within brand guidelines.
The successful applicant must be available to work at Bewildher's office on Industrial Way, Squamish, British Columbia.
Hybrid work model: You will be working in a hybrid work environment with Bewildher Fitwear where you work part time at our office and part time remotely. In-office time and remote work schedule will be determined by your supervisor.
Flexible 6-8 hours per week.
For the right candidate the role could be combined with our Business Assistant Manager vacancy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work in French or other languages is considered an asset
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- Up-to-date with traditional and digital marketing tools, insights, trends and best practice industry standards
- Crafting compelling and effective visual and written sales and marketing content
- An eye for detail, storytelling and appreciation of branding consistency.
- Collecting and analyzing data across multiple channels to find patterns and identify opportunities.
- Ability to exercise judgment to find and communicate solutions to problems where the answer is not apparent.
- Accurately manage changing priorities, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- 1-2 years sales and marketing practical experience
- Experience with Adobe illustrator and photoshop considered an asset
- Fluent in the marketing capabilities of social media platforms Facebook, IG and Tiktok
- Experience with Canva Pro and content planning an asset
- Shopify or other eCommerce Platform experience required
- Experience in fashion an asset
- Conscious; aware of and responding to environmental and ethical issues.
- Intuitive; listens to, communicates and acts on gut feelings.
- Connected; collaborates, rather than competes, with organizations and people who share our goals and vision.
- Empowered; helps self and others grow stronger and better able to stand up for and claim human rights.
- Goodness; Kindness and generosity. Serves the greater good of humanity. Sense of satisfaction when able to help others.
- Wild; unrestrained in the pursuit of what makes you feel joy.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title in the subject line.
No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Compensation: $22 - $26 hourly, dependent on experience.
Other Perks: Casual dress, paid sick days, on-site parking, product discounts and family friendly schedule. Be a part of a talented, driven, and fun team that is working hard to make a difference within the slow-fashion and activewear community.
Position posted on: February 10, 2023 Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Start date: March 2023
Bewildher Fitwear is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.
Thank you for applying!