Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Expert
Hello! Bewildher is growing quickly and we really need to hire a...
SHIPPING, RECIEVING and INVENTORY EXPERT
Bewildher is a small owner-operated activewear brand located in Squamish. The shipping and receiving expert will receive and inspect productions, process and package orders, and manage online and physical inventory. As a small business there will be additional responsibilities related to the running of a small clothing brand as can be reasonably expected from time to time, such as running to the store for more clothing hangers.
The successful applicant must be available to work at Bewildher's office in Squamish, British Columbia. As of November 1st we'll be operating out of a room in the Art House downtown Squamish, next to Inbiz.
4 - 8 hours per week for shipping daily orders plus additional 5 - 10 hours per month during the arrival of monthly productions. The successful applicant will be available 2 days per week for 2 - 4 hours per day on spaced out days, such as Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday. Hours of the day are flexible between 8am - 5pm. They will also be available for the arrival of monthly productions, at which time customer pre-orders must be packaged and shipped ASAP. These extra hours are generally at the end/beginning of the month.
- Count and cross-check production shipments with purchase orders and record discrepancies.
- Inspect for faulty garments and organize as fixable or mark-down.
Processing and shipping
- Process orders; create shipping labels, print packing slips and review and highlight order notes and important details.
- Keep organized; keep lists and notes for in-stock, pre-orders and holds to ensure all get fulfilled.
- Pack orders; pull correct products, “gift wrap” beautifully, pack and package with consistent quality.
- Keep holds organized with packing slips on holds rack.
- Send notifications to pick-up customers.
- Deliver packages to post office.
- Maintain physical and online inventory.
- Organize and keep physical inventory neat and tidy in size bins and on racks.
- Keep inventory of packaging supplies and notify when levels are low.
- Tagging of production garments.
- Quality Control: experience inspecting manufactured goods especially clothing. Sewing experience an asset but not required.
- Organization: creating and maintaining checklists and notes, inventory management, keep tidy and efficient workspace.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication including emotional intelligence, cohesion and clarity, friendly, confident, empathetic, respectful, open-minded, adjusts tone of voice and asks good questions.
- Professional: on-time, productive, focused, good personal hygiene, appropriate dress (work casual), appropriate workplace behavior.
- Conscious; aware of and responding to environmental and ethical issues.
- Intuitive; listens to, communicates and acts on gut feelings.
- Connected; collaborates, rather than competes, with organizations and people with common goals.
- Empowered; helps self and others grow stronger and better able to stand up for and claim human rights.
- Goodness; Kindness and generosity. Serves the greater good of humanity. Sense of satisfaction when able to help others.
- Wild; unrestrained in the pursuit of your passions and what makes you feel joy.
- Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include 2 professional and 1 personal reference on your resume.
- Applications that meet our requirements will be invited to interview. Skills testing exercises may be required during the interview process, such as inspecting a garment and wrapping up an order.
Thank you for applying!