T.L.C - Care Instructions
T.L.C : Tender Legging Care
Before you wear 'em:
- Pre-Soak: Please cold-water soak before first wear to set the ink. Getting real hot and sweaty in the leggings prior to soaking them in cold water could cause the ink to shift slightly, mostly only noticeable in prints with more solid color patches. Once the ink is set from soaking or washing this will not occur.
- Putting on/taking off tight garments: Compression garments are made from lightweight and very stretchy materials, and thus should be put on with the same care as a pair of nylons. Because the seams are less stretchy than the fabric, yanking on the fabric could cause a tear in the seam. Do not step or jump on the garment as you take it on and off. Always scrunch the fabric up before putting limbs through the openings, and use your hand(s) to work the fabric up the limb, do not pull from the other end of the garment.
- Washing: Hand wash for longest product life, or machine wash cold on a gentle cycle. Hang to dry for the longest product life or tumble dry with no or low heat. Avoid washing and drying with garments that have velcro and zippers, which could damage the fabric. For best results wash in a wash bag, such as the GuppyFriend.
- How to wear it: Only our styles labelled 'squat proof' are sure to conceal the color of your underwear. For all other styles please pair with skin colored undergarments for best results, as contrast colors and patterns may show through when the fabric is stretched, such as in a deep squat or downward dog. All our activewear is made from lightweight and stretchy material that is best worn with seamless, no-texture underwear. Bumps and bulky seamlines will be visible.
Make 'em last:
Product Life Expectancy:
All activewear has a performance lifespan depending on how often you wash and wear them. This is the amount of time before they lose their 'newness' and start to stretch out and need seams repaired.
Here's a general rule of thumb (er... legs):
- If you wear it every day - approximately 3 months.
- If you wear it twice a week, it'll last approximately 1 year.
- If you wear it once a week, it'll last approximately 2 years.
- If you wear it once a month, it'll last approximately 8 years.
Style Specific Tips
Our prints are a surface treatment, so it is best to avoid rubbing against abrasive surfaces that could wear off the ink and damage the material - please avoid sliding down rock faces, continuous contact with velcro and crawling on knees.
Pilling of fleecy/brushed fabrics:
Just liked roses have thorns, fleecy/brushed fabrics have pilling. The process to create these fabrics involves a machine that cuts longer fibers into very short ones. While wonderfully soft, these short fibers have a tenancy to pull through to the surface of the material and ball up. As the chemical treatments to reduce pilling are terrible for the environment, we encourage you to embrace those fuzzy nuggets and use a GuppyFriend washbag to help keep microfibers out of the ocean from laundering.